- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Latest Bill Young Items
An estimated 50,000 people in Vermont need treatment for addiction problems every year and don't get it, and efforts to expand treatment options for people addicted to heroin and other opiates are expected to increase pressure on the treatment system, the head of an addiction-treatment center told a state Senate committee Thursday.
The Florida Republican, said Friday he's ready to work across the aisle in Washington after narrowly winning a special election for Rep. Bill Young's seat earlier this week.
The House's newest congressman struck a note of collegiality on Thursday after a bitter campaign to fill the seat.
Republican David Jolly defeated Democrat Alex Sink on Tuesday in a Tampa-area House district where President Barack Obama's health care overhaul got its first test ahead of November's midterm elections and both sides spent millions auditioning national strategies.
The replacement to fill the late Bill Young's seat in Congress will be chosen after a special election in Pinellas County.
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
The three candidates seeking to replace the late U.S. Rep. Bill Young participated in a short, polite debate on public television Friday.
Florida Republican congressional hopeful David Jolly was not charged and not at fault in a 1989 car crash in which he fatally struck a pedestrian, according to a Florida Highway Patrol report.
Popular former Gov. Jeb Bush is playing a starring role in a high-stakes Florida congressional election.