- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Billie Jean King
Latest Billie Jean King Items
President Barack Obama sent Russia a clear message about its treatment of gays and lesbians with who he is — and isn't — sending to represent the United States at the Sochi Olympics.
With a wink and a nod, the White House on Wednesday admitted it's sending a message to Russian President Vladimir Putin by choosing openly gay athletes to represent the U.S. at February's Olympic Winter Games opening ceremony in Sochi.
With less than two months before the games begin, the Obama administration on Tuesday revealed the roster of the American delegation to the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
Last summer, NBA veteran Jason Collins considered joining an old Stanford college roommate, U.S. Rep. Joseph Kennedy III, at Boston's gay pride parade.
With the simplest of sentences, NBA veteran Jason Collins set aside years of worry and silence to become the first active player in one of four major U.S. professional sports leagues to come out as gay.
Serena won her 14th straight match in Charleston with a 6-1, 6-2 victory over Venus Williams — the most one-sided result in the sisters' long, intense rivalry.
Billie Jean King is branching out to bowling.
President Barack Obama is counting on former President Bill Clinton and Bruce Springsteen, top surrogates for his campaign, to carry his message. But he also has enlisted an army of A-list performers and public figures -- from Lady Gaga to Billie Jean King, from Jay-Z to Crosby, Stills and Nash _ to promote his re-election.
The U.S. Open is the only Grand Slam tournament that schedules two men's semifinals on Saturday. If both aren't completed Saturday, the men's final can't be played as scheduled Sunday and needs to be delayed until Monday — which has happened each of the past four years in New York.