- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
Topic - Billy Wagner
Capsules of National League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
The Atlanta Braves are finding that former closer Billy Wagner _ and his 422 career saves _ aren't easy to replace.
Craig Kimbrel refuses to put the title with his name.
Left-hander George Sherrill, who saved 51 games in two seasons with Baltimore before struggling last season with the Dodgers, has finalized a $1.2 million, one-year contract with the Atlanta Braves.
The Atlanta Braves, seeking a veteran for their bullpen, have acquired right-hander Scott Linebrink from the Chicago White Sox.
San Francisco rallied for a 3-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Brooks Conrad's third error of the game to claim the lead in the NL division series Sunday.
Two of the newest Braves produced the key plays to keep Atlanta from the brink of playoff elimination.
Nothing has come easy for the Braves, whose 25 final-at-bat victories are the most in baseball. So perhaps it was fitting the Braves were pushed to the last day of the season before claiming a postseason berth.
Tim Hudson and the Atlanta Braves extended retiring manager Bobby Cox's season for at least one game, beating the Philadelphia Phillies 8-7 on Sunday.
Bobby Cox is still waiting for the one retirement gift he wants most of all _ one last trip to the postseason.
Derek Lowe set a career high with 12 strikeouts and combined with Billy Wagner on a six-hitter to lead the Atlanta Braves past the Washington Nationals 4-0 on Monday night.
The Atlanta Braves did it again in their final at-bat, beating the Washington Nationals 3-2 on Jason Heyward's run-scoring single in the ninth inning Wednesday night.
The Atlanta Braves made a five-player deal Saturday to upgrade their outfield and an already formidable bullpen, acquiring Rick Ankiel and right-hander Kyle Farnsworth from Kansas City for three players.
Jair Jurrjens gave up one run and had a run-scoring single in his first start in two months, and the Atlanta Braves beat the Washington Nationals 4-1 on Wednesday night.
"This is what it's all about," said closer Billy Wagner, who struck out the side in the ninth. "You play all year long and it comes down to the last game and you get the champagne shower."
"It's a relief because you get a tomorrow," Wagner said. "We knew we had to win the game. We knew what was at stake."