- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures many on California beach
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - B.J. Upton
The Boston Red Sox were charging out of the dugout before the winning run reached home plate.
Atlanta Braves pitcher Ervin Santana has won an appeal of an official scoring call that didn't lower his ERA but saddled center fielder B.J. Upton with an error.
Atlanta's Mike Minor paid for leaving pitches over the middle of the plate, even against the Rockies' weakened lineup.
Fredi Gonzalez felt strongly about a call that went against the Atlanta Braves that he charged out of the dugout for a second time after getting ejected.
When Braves second baseman Tyler Pastornicky backpedaled into shallow right field to catch the popup and Jason Heyward didn't arrive fast enough to take charge, Kolten Wong got the green light.
Tim Lincecum rarely acknowledges the cheering crowd when he walks off the mound, though the support of 41,000 when he made his exit Monday night meant plenty.
The Reds are asking for more information from Major League Baseball about the replay dispute that led to Bryan Price's first ejection as manager.
The Braves keep showing they are resilient and powerful.
The Braves keep finding ways to beat the Nationals, who now must find a way to overcome a sudden wave of injuries.
Justin Upton had his power breakout.
Capsules of National League East teams, listed in order of finish last year:
For the Atlanta Braves, spring training turned into a matter of survival.
Brandon Beachy pitched three no-hit innings in his second start since having shoulder surgery in September and B.J. Upton doubled among his two hits for the Atlanta braves, who tied the Philadelphia Phillies 2-2 Wednesday.
B.J. Upton was suffering through the most dreadful season of his career and little brother Justin was in the same Atlanta clubhouse, a perfect shoulder to lean on as he navigated through the unfathomable time.
B.J. Upton would like a do-over on his debut season with the Braves.
"It was a perfect ball to throw on initially," B.J. Upton said. "It was going to take a nice long hop for me, which it did. The grass grabbed it and it kind of faded away from me."
"You play this game long enough, things like that are going to happen," said center fielder B.J. Upton, who had one of two errors for the Braves in the eighth. "We'll get by it and be ready to play tomorrow."