- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Black Hills
The National Weather Service in Rapid City says the tornado that touched down in the central Black Hills was an EF-1.
Rapid City Journal, Rapid City, May 26, 2014
Severe thunderstorms in the Black Hills Tuesday afternoon spawned a tornado 3 miles northwest of Silver City but no damage or injuries have been reported.
Medical clinics in the Black Hills are taking precautions because of an outbreak of pertussis, better known as whooping cough.
While cutting-edge science is being conducted a mile beneath the Earth's surface at the Sanford Underground Laboratory at Homestake, Black Hills visitors will soon see tangible evidence of a scientific mission above ground.
South Dakota's two U.S. senators have taken steps to prevent the closure of Veterans Affairs medical facilities in the western part of the state.
Ruth Ziolkowski, who carried on her late husband's dream of honoring Native Americans by carving the massive likeness of warrior Crazy Horse into the Black Hills in South Dakota, has died. She was 87.
In a story May 19 about a natural gas pipeline that will run from Bancroft to Norfolk, The Associated Press reported erroneously that regulators have approved it. Black Hills Energy and Nebraska Public Service Commission officials say regulatory approval is not required for this project.
A state hunting regulatory commission has proposed steep cuts to the number of licenses and tags available for many of South Dakota's deer hunting seasons to counter a shrinking herd caused by harsh winters, disease and habitat loss.
A South Dakota group says old uranium mines across the state and U.S. are contaminating water and the air with radioactive chemicals. The group, Defenders of the Black Hills, is helping to lead an effort to educate people and clean up old uranium mines across the country with an Earth Day event Tuesday.
Nebraska is on the cusp of joining forces with Colorado, Wyoming and the Dakotas to help fight rural wildfires.
More than 66,000 Black Hills Power customers could see rates rise this year.
The 350 miles of the Black Hills snowmobile trails officially close on Monday.
A survey of hundreds of visitors to Mount Rushmore National Memorial shows that the vast majority of tourists are satisfied with their visit, with an average tour lasting nearly three hours, but it also highlights ways visitors say the site could be improved.
Some communities in western South Dakota are still working to clean up and repair trees more than five months after an early fall blizzard slammed the region.