- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Topic - Blake Beavan
The Seattle Mariners placed outfielder Logan Morrison and right-handed starter Blake Beavan on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday, and recalled second baseman Nick Franklin and James Jones from Triple-A Tacoma.
The Seattle Mariners came out of another shutout loss with another ailing pitcher.
Prince Fielder ended his Texas home run drought, and Robbie Ross finally got some help from the offense as a starter.
Blake Beavan will be recalled from the minors to make the start on Tuesday when the Seattle Mariners play in Texas against the Rangers.
Paul Konerko and Marcus Semien homered for the Chicago White Sox, who overcame Robinson Cano's four RBIs in a 7-6 win over the Seattle Mariners on Monday.
Mark Reynolds homered for the second straight day, one of five Milwaukee Brewers to connect in a 9-7 victory Wednesday over the Seattle Mariners, who got Robinson Cano back after a five-day absence.
Robinson Cano had two hits and an RBI and Dustin Ackley's had a three-run double among his two hits, as a Seattle Mariners split-squad beat the Colorado Rockies 8-1 Monday.
"Just felt like I didn't have the same feel, command, definitely velocity was way down," said Beavan, who grew up in nearby Irving and was a first-round pick by the Rangers in 2007. "It just felt like my arm was real tired for some reason."
Beavan, replacing Paxton in his first start since he was dumped from the rotation last April, said he had the same problem.