- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Blake Hawksworth
Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Rafael Furcal will rejoin the team Saturday to have his knee examined and could return to the field Monday in Houston if all goes well.
Capsules of National League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
Blake Hawksworth knows he's in no position to make any demands about what role he'll have this year on the Los Angeles Dodgers pitching staff.
The St. Louis Cardinals got a new infielder in Ryan Theriot, while the Los Angeles Dodgers fortified their bullpen with Blake Hawksworth.
Juan Uribe is thrilled to switch sides in baseball's most bitter West Coast rivalry.
The St. Louis Cardinals got a new infielder in Ryan Theriot, the Los Angeles Dodgers fortified their bullpen with Blake Hawksworth.
A CT scan on Cardinals reliever Blake Hawksworth was negative and he was to be released from the hospital a day after being hit in the face by a line drive.
St. Louis Cardinals relief pitcher Blake Hawksworth has been hit in the head by a line drive off the bat of Cubs center fielder Sam Fuld.
Ian Desmond singled home Nyjer Morgan in the bottom of the 13th inning and the Washington Nationals overcame Albert Pujols' 400th home run Thursday night in an 11-10 roller-coaster win over the St. Louis Cardinals.
"In the experience I've had, when given the ball you take it. I'm not worried if it's the sixth or whenever," Hawksworth said. "I know I'm versatile in that role. If Padilla goes three or four innings one day and picks another guy up, I'm able to come in and pick him up. I think that helps."
"That was weird. Just because, it was Don Mattingly, man," Hawksworth said.