- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Board Of Education
Latest Board Of Education Items
Georgia's third-largest school district no longer faces an imminent threat of accreditation loss, after a tumultuous few years that included the rare step of the governor removing a majority of the local school board.
Buses could be more crowded and take longer to reach schools and staff could be cut as a result of the state's rejection of Muncie Community Schools' request to halt bus service at the end of this year, officials say.
Calcasieu Parish School Superintendent Wayne Savoy asked the school board to immediately begin looking for his replacement.
Educators are again fighting watered-down requirements for Indiana teachers that were pushed through by officials after opponent Glenda Ritz was elected superintendent of public instruction.
Voters have recalled a longtime member of the Central City school board who participated in the firing of the high school football coach.
School board members at the Norman Public Schools have approved more than $18,000 in tort claims for families who lost personal items during a school bus fire last fall.
A former Navy chaplain is offering a reward to any student who says a prayer during a graduation ceremony at a school in Florida following the threat of a lawsuit by an atheist group aimed at banning religious utterances from the event.
The Board of Education in Newtown, Conn., asked the town for funding in its upcoming budget for more armed police patrols to the community's four elementary schools.