- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Board Of Education
Latest Board Of Education Items
Former St. Landry Parish School Board Member Quincy Richard will be sentenced for his federal bribery convictions Feb. 4.
A bill to block lawmakers from serving in other elected posts is headed for a House vote after proponents said it will help protect the public from situations where officials are torn by competing interests.
The Kentucky House has voted to strengthen accountability standards for public school districts in the wake of financial misdeeds among some school officials.
A Kansas legislator wants the state to count and report the number of children in public schools who might be living in the country illegally.
A Southern California school board voted after a lengthy late-night session to punish 11 students accused of hacking into computers at a wealthy public high school to access tests and change grades.
The superintendent of the Nettleton School District has resigned.
The Lee County School Board has voted to terminate former Belden Center Principal Ralph Green.
Most school buses in Forest Grove will be running on liquid propane within six years.
Gov. Bill Haslam has appointed a task force to study the state's school funding formula.