- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Bob Arum
Manny Pacquiao will return to the ring in November, most likely in Macau, and has signed a new two-year contract with promoter Bob Arum that could take him to the end of his career.
Juan Manuel Marquez fought 12 times at the Forum in the early days of his record-setting career, and the Mexican champion fondly remembers almost every round.
Declaring himself in the fight of his life as he battles addiction issues, Oscar De La Hoya said Saturday he was also prepared to fight to keep control of his boxing promotion company.
Bob Arum was exasperated even before he came to town this week and finished off the promotion for Saturday's super middleweight rematch between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Bryan Vera.
Zou Shiming works the speed bag at the Wild Card Gym with the skill of a veteran pro fighter, popping it back and forth with dozens of precise punches. Watching from a near corner, Freddie Roach chuckles.
While Floyd Mayweather Jr. sat in a jail cell, rapper 50 Cent set about signing fighters and putting together the promotional company he and Mayweather had long talked about.
Just the idea of a big 160-pound fight had promoter Bob Arum reminiscing about the 1980s, when Marvelous Marvin Hagler and Thomas Hearns took on all comers and middleweights ruled the boxing world.
Timothy Bradley promised to shock, though the biggest shock in his fight with Manny Pacquiao came from the judges' scorecards.
"The only people that can make Floyd Mayweather fight Manny is the public," Arum said before urging fans to boycott Mayweather's bout against Marcos Maidana on May 3.
"It was a very entertaining fight, and the thing that really thrills me is it's a great fight to come back to the Forum with," Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said. "So many years ago, there were so many nights at the Forum when we had fights like this."