- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Bob Baffert Items
On the same track where Breeders' Cup glory has eluded him, Game On Dude won the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap by 1¾ lengths Saturday, becoming the first three-time champion in the race's 77-year history.
Wild Dude rallied late to beat 1-2 favorite Secret Circle by a neck in the $200,000 Palos Verdes Stakes at Santa Anita on Sunday.
Undefeated Shared Belief and Breeders' Cup Juvenile runner-up Havana lead the list of 413 early nominees for the Triple Crown series for 3-year-olds.
Fashion Plate led all the way in winning the $300,000 Las Virgenes Stakes for 3-year-old fillies by a half-length at Santa Anita on Saturday.
Indianapolis won the $75,000 San Pedro Stakes by 4¼ lengths at Santa Anita on Monday, putting the colt on the Kentucky Derby trail.
Shakin It Up won the $200,000 Strub Stakes by 2¼ lengths at Santa Anita on Saturday for Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert.
ARCADIA, Calif. (AP) — Awesome Baby led all the way in a half-length victory Saturday at Santa Anita in the $200,000 Santa Ynez Stakes for 3-year-old fillies.
Orb will seek to keep alive his bid to become horse racing's first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978. Orb won the Derby by 2½ lengths as the betting favorite.
Bob Baffert got beat again in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic. Bill Mott settled for half of a repeat sweep in the weekend's two biggest races. The Hall of Fame trainers could only wince as 9-1 long shot Fort Larned won North America's richest race on Saturday night, capping a weekend of upsets in the world championships at Santa Anita.