- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Bob Brown
SYDNEY (AP) — A group of anti-whaling activists was on Monday chasing Japan's whaling fleet in the icy waters off Antarctica, as the country's annual Antarctic whale hunt gets under way.
Robert K. Brown's first-person tour through war zones, revolutions, doomed adventures and the rise of Soldier of Fortune magazine has the punch of a Hollywood action thriller. There are heroes, villains, blazing guns, intrigue, humor, swagger and violent death. Unlike an action movie, it's real.
Will President Obama go "surgical" in Syria? Press, pundits and analysts have taken to using key phrases to explain the ever-mutating, ever-dramatic situation — at least until uneasy world leaders arrive on a proper and productive response to the continuing civil unrest.
A statue of Jesus on U.S. Forest Service land in the mountains over a Montana ski resort faces potential eviction amid an argument over the separation of church and state.
Unless the unthinkable happens, South Dakota State's game at sixth-ranked Nebraska on Saturday will go down as a forgettable matchup to everyone except the team wearing the yellow and blue.
Bob Brown, chairman of Sea Shepherd Australia and former leader of Australia's minor Greens party, said his group will run a peaceful but relentless campaign this year.
"There's blood all over the place, meat being carted around on this factory ship deck, offal, innards being dumped in the ocean," Brown said. "It's just a gruesome, bloody, medieval scene which has got no place in this modern world."