- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Bob Davidson
Tyler Moore hit a three-run homer and Danny Espinosa homered and drove in three runs, leading the Washington Nationals over the Pittsburgh Pirates 6-2 Sunday.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke has been ejected for the first time this season for arguing with plate umpire Bob Davidson after a testy at-bat by Nyjer Morgan in the sixth inning.
Instant replay might not have changed the call that cost the Florida Marlins a game.
Nobody in sports drags his feet more than baseball owners — except maybe receivers trying to stay in bounds. They put off drug testing until their sport was syringe-deep in scandal. They put off lowering the mound until an entire league hit .230 (the AL in '68). And they've put off instant replay despite its fruitful use in football, basketball, hockey and even tennis.
PHILADELPHIA — The Washington Nationals have defied expectations this season largely because of their ability to overcome a string of injuries that has left their Opening Day rotation in shambles.
But as Davidson noted, camera angles leave room for debate about the kind of ruling he had to make.