- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Bob Davidson
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke has been ejected for the first time this season for arguing with plate umpire Bob Davidson after a testy at-bat by Nyjer Morgan in the sixth inning.
Instant replay might not have changed the call that cost the Florida Marlins a game.
Nobody in sports drags his feet more than baseball owners — except maybe receivers trying to stay in bounds. They put off drug testing until their sport was syringe-deep in scandal. They put off lowering the mound until an entire league hit .230 (the AL in '68). And they've put off instant replay despite its fruitful use in football, basketball, hockey and even tennis.
But as Davidson noted, camera angles leave room for debate about the kind of ruling he had to make.