- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Bob De Carolis
An Oregon State defensive tackle who collapsed during a pick-up basketball game and died was stricken so suddenly that even if emergency personnel had been on the scene, they likely could not have saved him, a state police spokesman said.
Oregon State athletic director Bob De Carolis said a memorial service was being planned, and that counseling would be made available to students, who were in finals week.
De Carolis also said the Beavers were working to set up a memorial fund.