- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
Latest Bob Filner Items
The San Diego City Council voted unanimously Tuesday to file a lawsuit against Mayor Bob Filner, the Democrat facing fire from at least seven women who’ve come forward and accused him of sexual harassment, to recover any money the city has to pay in legal fees due to the sexual harassment lawsuit filed against the mayor.
Embattled candidate Anthony D. Weiner faced mounting pressure Sunday to reconsider his mayoral ambitions in New York City after he confessed last week to swapping illicit messages and photos with women on s social media — a practice he now admits continued even after he resigned from Congress in 2011 because of similar acts.
From the same political landscape that produced the persistent notion that Hillary Rodham Clinton should run for president here comes part two of such thinking. There are calls for Huma Abedin to run for mayor of New York City, even as her husband Anthony D. Weiner clings to the wreckage of his own campaign for that office following the most recent revelations regarding his sorry sexting habits.
San Diego Mayor Bob Filner says he will undergo therapy after less than a year in office amid allegations that he sexually harassed women.Filner announced his plans ion Friday after a series of women claimed he kissed, groped and placed them in headlocks.
A third woman came forward with sexual harassment allegations against San Diego Mayor Bob Filner, in an exclusive interview with KPBS on Wednesday.
The Democratic Party is battling scandals from New York to San Diego and from city hall to Capitol Hill, as the party finds itself on the defensive over embarrassing lapses ranging from sexual misconduct to multiple scandals ensnaring the Obama administration.
Pressure continues to mount for San Diego Mayor Bob Filner to resign after allegations of sexual harassment by female staffers, with the San Diego County Sheriff's Department announcing the creation of a new complaint line specifically for accusations against the embattled Democrat.
San Diego's Mayor Bob Filner is scheduled to be the keynote speaker at a conference on sexual assault in the military next month.
Democratic San Diego Mayor Bob Filner said Thursday that yes, he's harassed and "intimidated" a number of women, but that he needs help.