- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Bob Gates
You will perhaps forgive me if I have found all this bellyaching about retired Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates' so-called indiscretion, indignation and candor a bit hard to take.
Only Washington could create a sleazy charlatan like Bob Gates and pass him off as some bipartisan example of competence and honor.
Indeed, one wonders: If Bob Gates had resigned over the practices and conduct we are now told infuriated him, instead of staying in office and accommodating them, might his warnings have prevented, or at least substantially reduced, the wrecking operation that is currently devastating our all-volunteer force and putting our country and the rest of what's left of the Free World in ever greater jeopardy?
“I never doubted Obama’s support for the troops,” Gates grandly writes, posturing himself as the magnanimous centrist that passes for nobility only here in Washington.