- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Bob Melvin Items
The Oakland Athletics scratched left-hander Scott Kazmir from their spring game against the Chicago Cubs on Monday due to left triceps stiffness.
Jarrod Parker and A.J. Griffin will probably start the season on the disabled list instead of in the Oakland Athletics' rotation.
Jed Lowrie's bases-clearing double in a four-run fourth inning propelled the Oakland A's to a 10-5 win over the Colorado Rockies on Thursday night.
Josh Donaldson hit his first home run of the spring and the Oakland Athletics tied the Chicago White Sox 2-2 in a game stopped after nine innings Sunday.
Brett Anderson pitched three positive innings in his first start against his former team on Saturday, helping the Colorado Rockies to a 5-4 victory over the Oakland Athletics.
New Oakland closer Jim Johnson was glad to get through his first outing of the spring with the Athletics, and manager Bob Melvin is allowing him to prepare at his own pace.
Oakland Athletics catcher John Jaso will take his place behind home plate in a game for the first time since suffering a concussion when he was struck by a foul tip on July 24.
Sean Doolittle had a cast covering his right wrist three years ago, the latest in a series of injuries that cost him nearly three years of his professional career.
Sam Fuld has never backed down from a challenge and that's been a major reason he's still playing professional baseball. He's facing his latest test trying to make the roster of the Oakland Athletics as a reserve outfielder.