- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
Latest Bob Melvin Items
With a shortened swing and newfound swagger following his most rigorous offseason of training yet that helped him pack on 15 pounds of muscle, Yoenis Cespedes wants to forget all the frustrations of last year.
Bartolo Colon never expected to be pitching at age 40, not in the playoffs, and especially not as the Game 1 starter.
Athletics manager Bob Melvin says he has been in contact with Major League Baseball regarding the disputed ninth-inning call in Wednesday night's game.
Major League Baseball says the umpires were wrong.
Umpires failed to reverse a disputed tying home run by Oakland's Adam Rosales after a video review Wednesday. MLB executive vice president Joe Torre says the judgment call by umpire Angel Hernandez and his crew "stands as final."
Athletics manager Bob Melvin still believes he witnessed a home run, and nothing will change his mind.
A few hours after he ended the longest game in the majors this season, Brandon Moss and his 3-year-old son sat together at home and stayed awake to watch television replays.
Bob Melvin has repeatedly described the comfort of managing right at home in the Bay Area _ and Billy Beane has described the comfort in having a winning, "modern-day" manager leading the Oakland Athletics.
Davey Johnson of the Washington Nationals, and Bob Melvin of the Oakland Athletics were chosen as managers of the year on Tuesday after guiding their teams to huge turnaround seasons.