- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
Latest Bob Schieffer Items
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand has only 55 senators signed on so far, but she said Sunday she's confident her proposal to strip military commanders of their power to prosecute sexual assault cases will get enough support to clear a threatened filibuster.
The 50th-anniversary coverage of the Kennedy assassination on CBS News won't include the recollections of its longtime anchor Dan Rather, further proof of the lingering bitterness following Rather's messy exit and subsequent lawsuit against the network.
We now know that President Obama's national security warnings were written in disappearing ink that fades the moment he gets into trouble.
Eric H. Holder Jr. is arguably the worst attorney general of all time. He obstructed inquiries by the U.S Commission for Civil Rights into the New Black Panther voter intimidation case. He was held in contempt of Congress for his obfuscation of the Justice Department's Mexican gun-running investigation.
President Obama's foreign policy speech was stopped multiple times by Code Pink heckling, and Lois Lerner was suspended from the her position at the IRS. On the international stage, two men in the United Kingdom murdered a soldier in the streets of London. Here's a recap, or wrap, of the week that was from The Washington Times.
With each developing scandal, the picture of an arrogant administration abusing its power grows clearer.
Federal and some state government officials have decided to use the Sandy Hook Elementary School atrocity as an excuse to attack and eviscerate the Second Amendment. I have yet to hear any news reporter challenge these leaders on their misleading statements. In fact, many seem to do just the opposite. Bob Schieffer of CBS News even went so far recently as to liken President Obama's confrontation with the National Rifle Association (NRA) to our nation's fight against Nazism.
The second inauguration of President Barack Obama gave television networks a chance to bask in the majesty of a Washington event that unites Americans of all beliefs and ideologies _ at least for a moment.
Barack Obama is laying out a revolutionary agenda for his second term, and he’s calling up his heaviest artillery to enforce the transformative presidency delayed in the first. The campaign to confirm Chuck Hagel will be no campaign for the fainthearted summer soldiers who know only small-caliber combat.