- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Bob Slowik Items
Hours after Mike Shanahan was fired, general manager Bruce Allen said Monday the search for his replacement would begin immediately and noted that the "open list" would include candidates from the professional and collegiate ranks.
The Redskins have announced that offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan is among eight assistant coaches who will not be retained.
The Washington Redskins fired Mike Shanahan on Monday morning, bringing to an end the tenure of a coach who four years ago seemed likely to return a once-proud franchise to its winning ways.
Orakpo signed a five-year, $15.4 million contract just before training camp opened in 2009, after he was the No. 13 pick in that year's draft. He has routinely maintained that he would like to stay in Washington, but with the season not yet over, he has downplayed all talk of what will happen when free agency opens in March.
In just two seasons, outside linebacker Ryan Kerrigan has become entrenched with the Redskins. He's started every game. He's amassed 16 sacks, intercepted two passes, scored two touchdowns. It took him about no time to become a vital cog.
With the season-opener 17 days away, against Tapp's previous team, it is fair to say the transition is going well. Tapp has found being an outside linebacker in a 3-4 is very similar to being an end in a 4-3.
John Fox and Jack Del Rio are together again.
Washington Redskins strong safety LaRon Landry is proceeding toward free agency with hopes of avoiding surgery on his left Achilles tendon, coach Mike Shanahan said Monday after overseeing a Senior Bowl practice here.
Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan on Wednesday shook up his coaching staff in the wake of his second last-place finish in as many seasons.