- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Bob Turner Items
Like Chicago Cubs fans in spring, Jewish Republicans start every presidential election season hoping this will be their year.
President Obama came to see March Madness, but he also got lobbied by Republican Gov. John Kasich of Ohio on developing natural gas in the state.
Picture this: Newt Gingrich discussing national health care, arguing for wealth redistribution and an individual insurance mandate, all while sitting next to Hillary Clinton, the whole discussion caught on videotape. A sneaky, fact-fudging attack ad, unleashed by a rival presidential contender or enemy super PAC? Not exactly.
Former Rep. Anthony Weiner and his wife, Huma Abedin, welcomed a baby boy on Wednesday.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: My husband Vincent was in the Korean War in the 1950s. He is having his Army medals sent to him. The Korean Defense Service Medal (KDSM) is not included with the medals he is receiving. Can the Korean Defense Service Medal be sent to him, or does he have to pay for it. If he has to pay for it, where can he order it on the computer? Thank you for your help.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I want to marry a woman who is currently receiving a widow's pension. At one point in time she had a document that said she could remarry at age 55, but lately we have been reading that the age is 57. As would be expected we cannot find that document now. Which is it? Was it originally 55 and later changed? If so, is there a grandfather clause?
Some Democrats have come up with a nifty slogan for 2012: "We're really hopeless, but the other guy could be worse." This is a steal from certain Republicans, who often campaign as sad-sack losers eager for whatever crumbs fall from the grown-ups' table: "Vote Republican; we're not as bad as you think."
Barack Obama's troubled presidency was hit hard again this week on several fronts that shook the White House and raised fears in his party of deeper losses in Congress next year.
Democrat David Weprin ran into an impenetrable political headwind in Tuesday's special congressional election in New York City, as voter displeasure over President Obama, issues such as same-sex marriage and Israel, and missteps along the campaign trail helped propel Republican Bob Turner to an upset victory.