- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
- HUMPHRIES: Fight like a Democrat – An open letter to Sen. Mitch McConnell
- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
- Bill O’Reilly, Chris Matthews inducted into Irish America Hall of Fame
- Military given ‘execute order’ by Obama for secret cyber mission in June
- College group’s diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Cops: 2 shoot up heroin as kids play at McDonald’s
- Drug charges against husband of Va. daycare owner
Latest Bobby Boswell Items
Needing a left back, D.C. United went out and got a player with experience in the top-flight of Spain.
United (3-24-7) was winless in its final 12 games and set the MLS record for fewest victories in a season, breaking the previous mark of four set by Tampa Bay in 2001 and matched by Chivas USA in 2005.
For nearly three years, D.C. United's inability to win back-to-back matches has been a fitting symbol for the club's maddening inconsistency, as well as a sore subject for players, coaches and fans alike.
To boast the elite services of David Beckham, Robbie Keane and Landon Donovan, the Los Angeles Galaxy shelled out more than $12 million during the 2011 Major League Soccer season. But when the club's three designated players were tested on the grandest of American soccer stages Sunday, they turned out to be worth every penny.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — In the deathly quiet D.C. United locker room, Bobby Boswell was slumped in a chair, towel draped over his head, staring at his cleats for what seemed like an eternity before pulling them off.
D.C. United coach Tom Soehn told his team at halftime last night that the first goal of the second half against FC Dallas could secure the victory.
Bobby Boswell learned the atmosphere of D.C. United practices had changed while he and forward Ben Olsen were away with the U.S. national team at the Copa America in Venezuela earlier this month.