- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Latest Bobby Cox Items
Greg Maddux and Bobby Cox sat down together in the plaque gallery at the Baseball Hall of Fame, a sense of awe etched on their faces. Both had been here before, but this visit was entirely different.
Plaques for Tom Glavine and Bobby Cox will have Atlanta Braves logos, and Frank Thomas' will have the logo of the Chicago White Sox.
Greg Maddux and Tony La Russa will not have logos on their Hall of Fame plaques.
The trio will join veterans committee selections Bobby Cox, Joe Torre and Tony La Russa at the induction ceremonies next July, making for a jam-packed program a year after Cooperstown welcomed a class with no living inductees.
NEW YORK (AP) — A new generation of starting pitchers and a self-proclaimed Mr. Clean of the Steroids Era will be ushered into baseball's Hall of Fame this summer. For tainted players, however, the doors to Cooperstown remain bolted.
ATLANTA (AP) — There were a lot of guys who threw harder than Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine.
Tony La Russa, Bobby Cox and Joe Torre all were unanimous selections to the Hall of Fame on Monday. Could Davey Johnson join them in Cooperstown someday?
Before any trades and signings, the focus of the winter meetings will be on fame.
Joe Torre, Tony La Russa and Bobby Cox spent decades trying to beat each other, no holds barred. On this day, however, they were a mutual admiration society.