- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Bobby Lucas
Jan Vesely's magic moment came when he kissed his girlfriend on ESPN and shook hands with NBA commissioner David Stern. Bobby Lucas' magic moment came when he attended a pre-game reception at Nationals Park and shook hands with team owner Mark Lerner.
"That was pretty cool," said Lucas, who led the Atlantic 10 with 95 strikeouts this year. "Mr. Lerner came up to me and said hello and we talked and got to know each other. That was one of the coolest things about being drafted."
"I'm not competing with everybody in the organization," he said. "Just the other left-handers."