- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
Latest Bobby Mcferrin Items
Are you ready for Simon and McFerrin?
In addition to writing in every imaginable medium from poetry to fiction to librettos, Gertrude Stein is well-known for nurturing the careers of some of America's biggest writers. Less well-known is Stein's impact on the visual arts.
Chick Corea is occupying the Blue Note jazz club for the month of November and he has invited his musical friends for a belated celebration of his 70th birthday.
The DC Jazz Festival, formerly the Duke Ellington Jazz Festival, offers jazz buffs nearly two weeks of rich musical culture and fun at venues throughout the District through June 13.
John Legend and Jay-Z were the early leaders at the Grammys on Sunday _ both were awarded three trophies each during the show's pre-telecast ceremony.
With his 10 nominations, Eminem has the potential to sweep Sunday night's Grammy Awards _ as well as win that elusive album of the year trophy.
From the time Esperanza Spalding appeared on the scene in 2005, the dynamic singer, bassist, composer and arranger has been heralded as jazz's next big thing. Her impressive musicianship has won her White House recital dates, praise from the likes of Stevie Wonder and Herbie Hancock, and critical acclaim.
It's not often that the opportunity comes along to sample that remarkable diversity, but starting Wednesday, the Kennedy Center is presenting "A Cappella: Singing Solo," an unusual 10-day festival featuring more than a dozen of the world's top voice-only groups.