- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Bobby Petrino
Louisville defensive line coach Clint Hurtt is heading to the Chicago Bears, said a person familiar with the situation.
Bobby Petrino will make his 2014 Louisville coaching debut in a Labor Day matchup against Miami that also kicks off the Cardinals' participation in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Jacksonville State coach Bill Clark is taking over the program at UAB, a person with knowledge of the decision said on Tuesday.
Louisville coach Bobby Petrino has hired former UAB head coach Garrick McGee as the Cardinals' offensive coordinator, citing similar philosophies and their long history together.
Veteran NFL and college coach Brian VanGorder was officially hired as the defensive coordinator at Notre Dame on Monday after spending the past season as linebacker coach for the New York Jets.
Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham has accepted a similar position on Bobby Petrino's staff at Louisville.
Bobby Petrino insists he's a changed man.
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) — Jeff Brohm's belief in taking chances and having a creative offense helped Western Kentucky pile up yardage, points and victories last season.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Looking back, Bobby Petrino said one of his many mistakes in recent years was leaving Louisville, which provided the first of several head coaching opportunities on the college and professional levels.
Petrino takes over a Cardinal program coming off a 12-1 finish and gearing up to join the Atlantic Coast Conference next season. He is 83-30 lifetime as a college coach and comes to Louisville after guiding Western Kentucky to an 8-4 finish in his only season with the Hilltoppers.
UAB football coach Garrick McGee has stepped down, and a person familiar with the situation tells The Associated Press that he has agreed to become Bobby Petrino's offensive coordinator at Louisville.
Western Kentucky coach Bobby Petrino talked to Louisville on Tuesday about its top job.
Petrino had announced on Jan. 9 that he would retain Hurtt from the staff of former Louisville coach Charlie Strong, who left earlier this month to take the Texas job.
"We wish Clint nothing but the best," Petrino said in Thursday's statement. "He is a very good young coach and I am sure he will continue to do great things in the NFL."