- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Bobby Valentine Items
Most of the fans had left Fenway Park by the time the Red Sox scored against the Toronto bullpen to cut a five-run deficit to two. And when the game ended in another Boston loss, there wasn't enough energy left in the crowd for a healthy boo.
In a story Feb. 21, The Associated Press reported that new Red Sox manager John Farrell had been general manager Ben Cherington's choice in 2012 while team President Larry Lucchino preferred Bobby Valentine. Both preferred Farrell, but when he was unavailable, Lucchino wanted Valentine and Cherington preferred Dale Sveum for the job.
John Farrell failed in his last managerial job. The Boston Red Sox had their worst record in nearly a half century.
Bringing the world closer together through baseball sure sounded like a good idea.
Larry Lucchino cracked open a fortune cookie from the Chinese dinner that Red Sox officials and John Farrell shared during their final discussion about Boston's managerial job.
The Red Sox reportedly have reached an agreement to bring Toronto Blue Jays manager John Farrell to Boston to replace Bobby Valentine.
The Boston Red Sox found out too late that Bobby Valentine wasn't the manager to straighten out a clubhouse of coddled veterans.
The Boston Red Sox fired manager Bobby Valentine on Thursday after one season in which he failed to bring order to a clubhouse that disintegrated during the 2011 pennant race.
The Boston Red Sox thought Bobby Valentine would restore order to a coddled clubhouse that disintegrated during the 2011 pennant race.