- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Bobby Womack
March 3: Actress Hattie Winston is 68. Singer Jennifer Warnes is 66. Actor-director Tim Kazurinksy is 63. Singer-guitarist Robyn Hitchcock is 60. Guitarist John Lilley of The Hooters is 59. Actress Miranda Richardson is 55. Rapper Tone Loc is 47. Guitarist John Bigham (Fishbone) is 44. Actress Julie Bowen ("Boston Legal," "Ed") is 43. Country singer Brett Warren of The Warren Brothers is 42. Actor David Faustino ("Married ... With Children") is 39. Actress Jessica Biel is 31. Guitarist Joe "Blower" Garvey of Hinder is 29.
Bobby Womack has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.
Elvis Costello, B.B. King and Ray Davies are among the nominees for the 2013 Songwriters Hall of Fame.
Bobby Womack has been frustrated.
Soul singer Bobby Womack has been released from the hospital following a successful recovery from pneumonia.
Damon Albarn, the key creative force behind the Gorillaz, isn't a big fan of the way record labels treated music videos in the past.
He admits to having seizures during his tour with Albarn's Gorillaz several years ago and his health problems loomed large.
"As loooong as the most dominant thing is there and that's your vocals and your lyrics _ that's your story _ that's all that matters," Womack said. "Ain't nobody going to be listening to who programmed the drums or who did the piano. They don't care. They're just listening to the basic song itself. And when you hear me sing, even if you've only heard me sing once, you know my voice."