- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Bolivia Items
A Brunswick County woman has been found guilty of voluntary manslaughter in the 2012 death of her boyfriend.
Adriano is already attracting headlines for the wrong reasons as he tries to come back to football after nearly two years without playing.
Trial could begin as early as next week for a high-ranking Bolivian National Police official charged in the U.S. with trying to extort thousands of dollars from the former owner of a Bolivian airline.
Julia Marino grew up in Massachusetts and spent her weekends skiing in New Hampshire. She had a shot at competing for the United States in the Olympics.
A North Carolina police officer has been indicted in the shooting death last month of a teen diagnosed with schizophrenia.
Federal prosecutors say a man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for conspiring to smuggle firearms, cigarettes, drugs and stolen cars to Bolivia.
Latin Americans rang in the New Year with ceremonies, including animal sacrifices in Cuba, where two goats and two roosters were slaughtered and their blood used to bathe a 2-foot-tall statue of Eshu-Elegbara, the deity associated with markets, commerce and protector of the universe. In Panama, President Ricardo Martinelli said he'd travel to Italy and Spain to seek their governments' help in resolving a $1.6 billion dispute that's threatening to halt the Panama Canal's expansion. The consortium responsible for most of the expansion issued an ultimatum giving the Panama Canal Authority 21 days to pay for a cost overrun. Argentina prepared for the Dakar Rally as drivers began arriving in Buenos Aires for the two-week rally, which will wind through Argentina into Bolivia, and then head south to the finish in Valparaiso, Chile. The rally, being held for the sixth straight year in South America, could draw protests in Bolivia where Aymara Indians fear the stages that cross the world's largest salt flat will damage the environment. The Aymara have vowed to block the Jan. 12-13 legs of the rally. However, the event has received the support of President Evo Morales, who is an Aymara.
Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon said yesterday that Iran has built up a terror infrastructure in Central and South America from which to attack Jewish and Israeli targets in the region and as a base for attacking inside the United States.
The age of the drone is here, and U.S. intelligence agencies are warily monitoring their proliferation around the globe.