- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Bonnie Hammer
NBCUniversal has united its cable channels under the command of long-time executive Bonnie Hammer, leaving Lauren Zalaznick, who previously controlled Bravo, Oxygen, Style and Sprout, to focus on innovation and emerging technology initiatives.
NBC is looking to revitalize its prime-time lineup with the appointment of a cable TV executive who transformed the once-maligned Showtime channel into a worthy rival to HBO.