- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
Booker T. Washington
Latest Booker T. Washington Items
According to exit polling data, Mitt Romney lost the presidential election in part because people did not believe he "felt their pain." The Obama team effectively portrayed him as a cold, heartless, multimillionaire monster to the American people, a man willing to slash jobs, throw grandma off the cliff and let people starve in the streets while he and his wife sip champagne, eat caviar and, in the mind of one liberal journalist, celebrate while black people drown.
Booker T. Washington, the founder of Tuskegee Institute and Julius Rosenwald, the president of Sears, Roebuck and Co. first met in 1911. The occasion of that meeting and all that would follow from it is the subject of Stephanie Deutsch's engaging and instructive "You Need a Schoolhouse."
Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has suggested relaxing child labor laws to allow students to earn money by cleaning their schools - one of his many novel proposals that critique calcified elements of the government-constrained U.S. economy.
Black America will never realize its dreams if America itself isn't reconstructed — and we need to move with all deliberate speed.
The very travels that inspired Charles Darwin's theory of evolution and shaped modern biology may have led to one of the illnesses that plagued the British naturalist for decades and ultimately led to his death, a gastroenterologist said Friday.