- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport
- Prison inmates take up ‘Knockout’ game, target female officers
- U.S. Army hails success with drone-shooting laser
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Boone Logan
Mike Rizzo explains why left-hander Jerry Blevins was the Nationals' "best option" and why he makes so many trades with Billy Beane and the A's.
Despite interest in several available left-handers, including Eric O'Flaherty, Nationals GM Mike Rizzo doesn't feel pressure to sign one at the Winter Meetings.
Though they already acquired Doug Fister and Nate McLouth, the Nationals still have a few items left on their wish list entering the Winter Meetings.
Kirk Smalley stood directly in front of Andy Pettitte and held a photo of his son Ty inches from the Yankees star's face, pleading that such a tragedy should never again take place.
The Detroit Tigers got a big boost from Anibal Sanchez's arm. They got a helping hand from an umpire, too.
Yankees left-hander CC Sabathia was placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with a strained groin before New York's rotation took another hit when fellow lefty Andy Pettitte broke his left ankle on a line drive.
Yankees reliever Rafael Soriano stepped toward third base and bluffed a pickoff throw, then twirled and made a soft toss to first. No dice, the Tampa Bay runners didn't fall for that ol' trick _ they'd seen it too often.
Previewing the American League.
Mariano Rivera remained on hold at 600 saves when CC Sabathia failed to hold a fifth-inning lead and Jose Molina's single in the ninth lifted the Toronto Blue Jays over the New York Yankees 5-4 Friday night.
Mariano Rivera has shut himself down for a second day.
Capsules of American League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
A look at the best-of-seven American League championship series between the New York Yankees and Texas Rangers:
Curtis Granderson hit a two-run shot and Alex Rodriguez missed out on his 600th homer in the New York Yankees' 3-2 win over the Cleveland Indians on Monday night.