- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Boston Red Sox
Latest Boston Red Sox Items
In game six of the 2004 American League Championship Series, Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling beat the New York Yankees despite playing on an injured ankle _ one that bled so badly that Schilling's victory became known as the "bloody sock" game. It's the stuff of baseball legend.
Sheriff's detectives say that an American League Championship ring belonging to Chicago Cubs pitcher Matt Garza has been stolen from his California home.
Commissioner Bud Selig expects baseball to expand its playoffs this season.
Cody Ross agreed to sign with the Boston Red Sox, giving them an experienced hitter with postseason success on his resume to help replace J.D. Drew in right field.
An American company that made its reputation manufacturing equipment for Canada's two national sports will become Liverpool's equipment supplier.
Yu Darvish is coming to America to pitch.
The Atlanta Braves avoided arbitration Tuesday, agreeing to one-year deals with outfielder Michael Bourn for $6.845 million, starting pitcher Jair Jurrjens for $5.5 million and reliever Eric O'Flaherty for $2.49 million.
Albert Pujols officially joined the Los Angeles Angels on Thursday when Major League Baseball and the players' association confirmed the terms of the first baseman's 10-year contract and agreed its guaranteed value is $240 million.
Free agent center fielder Coco Crisp agreed to a two-year contract to return to the Athletics, filling one key void in the Oakland outfield heading into the 2012 season.