- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Boston Red Sox
Latest Boston Red Sox Items
Liverpool's board agreed to sell the debt-riddled Premier League club to the owners of the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday, but may have to take legal action to force out the existing American owners.
English Premier League club Liverpool says it has agreed to sell the club to the owners of the Boston Red Sox, pending settlement of a board dispute.
The owners of the Boston Red Sox got approval from Liverpool's board Wednesday to buy the storied but struggling Premier League club, pledging to wipe out the team's debts if their bid withstands a court challenge.
Whatever you do, Liverpool fans, don't call your prospective new American owners the Yankees.
Liverpool's financial problems escalated Tuesday when the sagging club received a takeover bid from the Boston Red Sox's parent company plus another offer, then announced its American owners were opposed to the offers and trying to oust two senior board members.
Struggling English Premier League club Liverpool has received two new takeover bids, but the club's American owners are trying to block the other board members from pursuing negotiations.
The New York Yankees missed a chance for their second straight AL East title and wound up with a wild-card berth in the playoffs, completing a rare late-season fade with an 8-4 loss to the Boston Red Sox 8-4 Sunday.
Mike Lowell lined the ball deep to left field, just missing a homer as it hit high off the Green Monster for a single.
The Boston Red Sox plan to start Tim Wakefield instead of an ailing Clay Buchholz on Saturday against the New York Yankees.