- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Boston Red Sox
Latest Boston Red Sox Items
The season began horribly, with the savage beating of a man at Dodger Stadium simply because he was wearing the other team's jersey. Midway through, there was unspeakable tragedy in Texas when a man sitting with his young son died while trying to catch a ball tossed his way.
The Boston Red Sox have sent pitcher Scott Atchison back to Triple-A Pawtucket after he worked three effective innings on Friday night against Oakland.
The Boston Red Sox have moved Sunday's series finale against the Oakland Athletics to Saturday night as part of a day-night doubleheader in anticipation of Hurricane Irene.
Rick Carlisle threw a strike after finally getting a chance to watch in detail the Dallas Mavericks' NBA championship-clinching victory over the Miami Heat.
Jacoby Ellsbury likely will return to Boston's lineup on Tuesday and designated hitter David Ortiz could also play during this week's series at Texas.
Alex Rodriguez finally returned to the New York Yankees lineup on Sunday, more than a month and a half after he hit the disabled list with a knee injury that sapped the power from his swing.
Prosecutors in the Roger Clemens perjury case said Friday they had made an honest mistake in showing jurors inadmissible evidence and that shouldn't save the baseball star from facing a new trial.
The Boston Red Sox turned their first triple play in 17 years on Tuesday night against the Tampa Bay Rays, the second triple play in the Majors in as many days.
Kevin Youkilis has a stiff back and was a late scratch for the Boston Red Sox as they opened a three-game series in Seattle.