- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
Boston Red Sox
Latest Boston Red Sox Items
Jorge Posada's days as a Yankee are numbered. The moment he told his manager he'd rather sit down than hit from the No. 9 hole sealed it. The real shame is that he's likely just the first in a long line headed out the door in New York.
Jorge Posada was a late scratch from the New York Yankees' lineup Saturday night after manager Joe Girardi initially dropped the slumping designated hitter to No. 9 in the order.
Jorge Posada asked to be taken out of the New York Yankees' lineup Saturday night after the slumping designated hitter was dropped to No. 9 in the batting order.
Jorge Posada has asked out of the New York Yankees' lineup after the slumping designated hitter was dropped to No. 9 in the batting order.
Short on relief pitching for their series opener against the Boston Red Sox, the New York Yankees recalled right-hander Hector Noesi from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre of the International League.
Depending on how the numbers are crunched, a compelling case can be made that the Detroit Red Wings and San Jose Sharks both have the edge going into their improbable Game 7.
Seattle Mariners outfielder Milton Bradley has been suspended for one game and fined following his ejection against the Boston Red Sox last weekend.
Pedro Martinez has virtually ruled out a return to the major leagues and says he is on his way to retirement.
Former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling is set to deliver the commencement address at the New England Institute of Technology in Rhode Island.