- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Botswana Items
There are talking shoes and thinking babies and a "modern husbands" class, and yes, it means Alexander McCall Smith is back in his beloved world of Botswana and the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.
Far from robust, the federation is facing implosion
Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter says religious leaders, including those in Christianity and Islam, share the blame for mistreatment of women across the world.
The chances of becoming a victim of terrorism or other political violence in the United States are very, very low; but not as low as they are for the fortunate residents of Switzerland, Japan and ... Botswana?
It is truly tempting to speculate that at some point in his distinguished academic career, Alexander McCall Smith knew someone like Dr. Moritz-Maria von Igelfeld, whose name is translated as "hedgehog field."
King Juan Carlos has been discharged from a hospital in Madrid nine days after entering to undergo reconstructive surgery on his left hip joint.
It's the biggest cash prize available to former leaders of African countries, and no one was worthy this year — again.
Tackling the female side of the AIDS epidemic means going far beyond today's global focus on pregnant women, specialists told the world's largest AIDS meeting Wednesday.
The World Wildlife Fund's branch in Spain has ousted King Juan Carlos as its honorary president — a title he'd held since 1968 — after deciding his recent elephant hunting safari was incompatible with its goal of conserving endangered species.