- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
Latest Boyd Gordon Items
Marian Hossa celebrated his 35th birthday by picking his teammates after an unlucky break.
David Steckel already was gone, and Boyd Gordon got his payday with the Phoenix Coyotes. The Washington Capitals needed a fourth-line center and faceoff specialist. Jeff Halpern needed a team.
The past week has been something of a 2010-11 Capitals reunion tour, with games against David Steckel, Boyd Gordon and Eric Fehr.
Boyd Gordon has become a cornerstone player for the Phoenix Coyotes.
Boyd Gordon fit the definition of "role player" with the Washington Capitals. He took big faceoffs, killed penalties and worked in the corners to free up the puck. Call him a "glue guy" if you want to harvest another hockey cliché.
The Phoenix Coyotes were busy on the first day of free agency despite their financial restraints, signing a replacement for goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, adding a pair of forwards and retaining one of their top skill players.
After the first day of NHL free agency, here's a look at the Washington Capitals players who are gone and the new ones signed to fill the holes:
When the Chicago Blackhawks went to the White House on Friday to meet President Obama, they were without –- among others -– Kris Versteeg, Dustin Byfuglien, Antti Niemi, key pieces of their Stanley Cup-winning team.
Alexander Semin scored 28 seconds into overtime to give the Washington Capitals a 3-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Sunday.