- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Latest Brad Bird Items
Bob Iger drops some news on a few highly anticipated projects, including a sequel to one of Pixar's most beloved films and details on the mysterious storyline of J.J. Abrams' upcoming "Star Wars" sequel.
It's easy enough to think of the "Mission: Impossible" franchise as a vanity series for its star, Tom Cruise, who plays superspy Ethan Hunt. But "Ghost Protocol," the fourth entry in the series is better understood as a coming out party for its director, Brad Bird, who firmly establishes himself as one of Hollywood's foremost action craftsmen.
Common Sense Media, a nonprofit group dedicated to improving the entertainment lives of families, provides reviews of the latest movies from a parenting perspective. For more reviews, click on www.commonsensemedia.org.
Pixar's long-awaited "Ratatouille" has so far passed the critical taste test, with the country's most discerning palates raving about how it has "all the right ingredients" and makes for a "delicious meal." For those of us Pixar die-hards who even loved "Cars," however, the animated film about rodents in the kitchen is missing a vital spice.