- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Brad Davis Items
With Landon Donovan's controversial omission from the 23-man squad for Brazil, Dempsey's emergence as the face of the U.S. national team became complete. Boasting 37 international goals — including tallies in the past two World Cups — Dempsey trails only Donovan on the Americans' all-time scoring chart.
Mix Diskerud figures the whole honor of wearing No. 10 is only temporary. He fully expects to play alongside Landon Donovan again down the road with the U.S. national team.
Mix Diskerud and Aron Johannsson, a pair of second-half substitutes raised in Scandinavia, scored to lift a heavy-legged United States over Azerbaijan 2-0 on Tuesday night in the first of three World Cup warmups for the Americans.
Will Bruin scored in the 16th minute to end Houston's scoreless streak at 334 minutes and the Dynamo went on to tie the Portland Timbers 1-1 on Sunday.
United (3-24-7) was winless in its final 12 games and set the MLS record for fewest victories in a season, breaking the previous mark of four set by Tampa Bay in 2001 and matched by Chivas USA in 2005.
Brad Davis scored the goal to finish off a picture-perfect day at BBVA Compass Stadium.