- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Latest Brad Davis Items
With Landon Donovan's controversial omission from the 23-man squad for Brazil, Dempsey's emergence as the face of the U.S. national team became complete. Boasting 37 international goals — including tallies in the past two World Cups — Dempsey trails only Donovan on the Americans' all-time scoring chart.
Mix Diskerud figures the whole honor of wearing No. 10 is only temporary. He fully expects to play alongside Landon Donovan again down the road with the U.S. national team.
Mix Diskerud and Aron Johannsson, a pair of second-half substitutes raised in Scandinavia, scored to lift a heavy-legged United States over Azerbaijan 2-0 on Tuesday night in the first of three World Cup warmups for the Americans.
Will Bruin scored in the 16th minute to end Houston's scoreless streak at 334 minutes and the Dynamo went on to tie the Portland Timbers 1-1 on Sunday.
United (3-24-7) was winless in its final 12 games and set the MLS record for fewest victories in a season, breaking the previous mark of four set by Tampa Bay in 2001 and matched by Chivas USA in 2005.
Brad Davis scored the goal to finish off a picture-perfect day at BBVA Compass Stadium.