- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Brad Moretz
"Maybe in other parts of the state," Mr. Moretz said with a dry laugh. "We've had some ice skating, but the bulk of our business is skiing and our eyes are looking toward the winter weather getting here."
But Brad Moretz, general manager of Appalachian Ski Mountain in the northwest corner of North Carolina, says the colder weather hasn't brought much snow.