- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
Topic - Braden Holtby
By signing backup goaltender Justin Peters, the Capitals renewed their faith in Braden Holtby's ability to bounce back from a tough season.
He is a future Hall of Famer looking for work, but will the Caps be interested in Martin Brodeur?
The Capitals are believed to be in the running for Matt Niskanen. Burt how much can they spend?
The Capitals are believed to be in the running for Matt Niskanen. But how much can they spend?
The Capitals are in the market for a backup goaltender. Should they consider bringing back Tomas Vokoun?
Former NHL goalie Marty Biron says Mitch Korn will make a big difference in the way Braden Holtby plays.
Mitch Korn worked with Barry Trotz for 16 years. He is now getting a shot with the Capitals and his next project will be Braden Holtby.
New Caps General Manager Brian MacLellan has a lot of decisions to make in the coming days about the roster. Is goalie one of them?
Braden Holby struggled all season with adaptations suggested by Adam Oates and implemented by Olie Kolzig.
Braden Holtby's solid start – a .925 save percentage through his first 22 appearances – was followed by a steep decline as he navigated a less aggressive style of play encouraged by coach Adam Oates and goaltender coach Olie Kolzig.
Braden Holtby says the changes to his game took away his natural instincts. He says lessons were learned.
There was a lot of competition for time between the pipes and Braden Holtby takes responsibility for "not doing a good enough job".
Eliminated from the playoffs, the Caps final game of the season ended with a scoreless loss to Tampa.
Braden Holtby says he was on the same page as goaltending coach Olie Kolzig all season. Catch his final start of the season Sunday at 3 p.m. on CSN.
Since Washington's elimination from the playoffs, goalie Braden Holtby says the mood has been "different" despite the team's win on Thursday night.
"No, we didn't get into any of that conversation," he said.
"Nothing against what the philosophy was, it just didn't coincide with my personality and my natural instincts," Holtby said of Oates. "The changes led to a lot of second guessing myself and over-thinking things. The moment you start doing that you start to struggle, and when you struggle your confidence goes down a bit."