- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Bradley Beal Items
Nene admitted that blaming the young players on the roster for the 2-6 start was wrong and blamed it on being upset from a winless road trip.
It took a late stretch of what Kevin Durant called some of the best basketball he's ever seen the Oklahoma City Thunder play to beat the Washington Wizards on Sunday night.
Nene scored 12 of his 20 points in the final 4½ minutes of the fourth quarter, including a putback with 1.2 seconds to play that sent the game to overtime, and Trevor Ariza hit the go-ahead 3-pointer in the extra period.
John Wall scored 24 points, Marcin Gortat had 19 points and 12 rebounds, and Washington beat the Philadelphia 76ers 116-102 on Wednesday night.
LeBron James scored 25 points, Chris Bosh added 24 and the Miami Heat beat the winless Washington Wizards 103-93 on Sunday night to snap a rare two-game slide.
The 6-foot-11, 240-pound Gortat averaged 11.1 points and 8.5 rebounds last season. He is entering his eighth NBA season, and has averaged 8.6 points and 6.9 rebounds while playing for Orlando, Toronto and Phoenix.
Adding a front-court piece in hopes of finally returning to the playoffs, the Washington Wizards agreed to acquire center Marcin Gortat from the Phoenix Suns in a multiplayer trade Friday, according to a person with knowledge of the deal.
Adding a front-court piece in hopes of finally returning to the playoffs, the Washington Wizards acquired center Marcin Gortat from the Phoenix Suns in a multiplayer trade Friday.
Wall's rookie deal is set to expire next July 1, and he would be a restricted free agent at that point if no extension is reached by Oct. 31.