- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Bradley Beal Items
Now that the Wizards have six wins in the last eight games entering Monday, they're starting to see the big picture in the wide-open East.
With top scorer Bradley Beal out of the lineup for the fifth straight game, Trevor Ariza supplied the offense. He was 8 for 9 from the field and made each of his four 3-point attempts, three off passes from John Wall.
Coach Randy Wittman is unapologetic about his starting lineup playing extended minutes because he can't trust his bench to perform consistently.
The 26 points scored by the Wizards' reserves look good on paper, but 13 of them came with the game out of reach in the fourth quarter.
After a 20-point loss at the Pacers and a season-low 73 points, the Wizards are desperately seeking scorers without Nene and Bradley Beal in the starting lineup.
The Wizards lost their first three games and seven of their first nine, but have now won six of their last eight. They won eight games in November for the first time since 1984.
The Wizards couldn't find any offense when the Pacers forced the ball out of John Wall's hands and dared other players to beat them.
A stress reaction in the lower leg isn't uncommon for 20-year-olds such as Wizards guard Bradley Beal, who is out for the second time since April.
The Wizards have been playing some strong basketball over the last five games, but if they are to beat the Indiana Pacers, Washington will have to do so without Nene. Jan Vesely will start in his space.