- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
Topic - Brandi Hoffine
A newly discovered connection between U.S. Senate candidate Tim Kaine and convicted double murderer Jens Soering has prompted renewed attacks by Republicans on an issue over which the Democratic former governor has long been perceived as vulnerable.
Ms. Hoffine said the Kaine campaign collected donations from more than 4,600 supporters.
"Governor Kaine has called for a balanced approach to deficit reduction that makes targeted spending cuts and asks the wealthiest individuals and corporations to pay their fair share by closing loopholes," said campaign spokeswoman Brandi Hoffine. "This approach ensures that the middle class doesn't bear the entire cost of reducing the deficit and protects the economy from dangerous across-the-board spending cuts."