- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - Brandon A. Montgomery
But because Ms. Tian is in the country illegally — she has a Chinese passport and was traveling on an expired visa when she was arrested — federal immigration officials will also keep an eye on her.U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement planned to enroll Ms. Tian in a federal monitoring program while "she is in removal proceedings," spokesman Brandon A. Montgomery said.
An ICE detainer placed on Ms. Tian was lifted after the judge’s ruling and she won’t be deported from the country before her court case is resolved, he said.