- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Brandon Bass
The Boston Celtics are trying to finish the season on a high note.
The Phoenix Suns were worn out from an overtime victory in Denver the previous night. The Boston Celtics hadn't played since the All-Star break.
Kevin Garnett stole the ball from his friend and put the finishing touch on an emotional night with a layup that helped him and Paul Pierce become winners in their return to Boston.
Their big early lead was gone, the Miami Heat were trailing with 3 minutes remaining and the two-time defending champions seemed very much in trouble.
Brandon Bass scored 20 points and the Boston Celtics, helped by the return of Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, beat the Washington Wizards 107-96 Sunday night.
Carmelo Anthony scored 37 points, including a pair of free throws with the game tied and 16 seconds left, and the New York Knicks survived a seesaw season opener Sunday to beat the Boston Celtics 106-104.
Magic coach Stan Gundy said that he will start forward Ryan Anderson against Miami in place of Brandon Bass, who sustained a left ankle sprain earlier this week.
"We definitely got a lot to play for, and it showed tonight. We could've laid down when we were down," said Brandon Bass, who finished nine points and eight rebounds for Boston. "We kept fighting and made it a game."
"Tonight the third quarter was like our best starts coming out in the third quarter," said Bass, who made three straight jumpers to start the second half. "At the end of the third, they made their run. They did what they do best. They got into transition."