- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Latest Brandon Bass Items
The Boston Celtics are trying to finish the season on a high note.
The Phoenix Suns were worn out from an overtime victory in Denver the previous night. The Boston Celtics hadn't played since the All-Star break.
Kevin Garnett stole the ball from his friend and put the finishing touch on an emotional night with a layup that helped him and Paul Pierce become winners in their return to Boston.
Their big early lead was gone, the Miami Heat were trailing with 3 minutes remaining and the two-time defending champions seemed very much in trouble.
Brandon Bass scored 20 points and the Boston Celtics, helped by the return of Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, beat the Washington Wizards 107-96 Sunday night.
Carmelo Anthony scored 37 points, including a pair of free throws with the game tied and 16 seconds left, and the New York Knicks survived a seesaw season opener Sunday to beat the Boston Celtics 106-104.
Magic coach Stan Gundy said that he will start forward Ryan Anderson against Miami in place of Brandon Bass, who sustained a left ankle sprain earlier this week.