- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Brandon Beachy Items
Some of the Atlanta Braves' most important pitching performances this week will come in the minor leagues.
Capsules of National League East teams, listed in order of finish last year:
Atlanta Braves pitcher Brandon Beachy will have ligament-replacement surgery in his right elbow for the second time Friday and is expected to miss the entire season.
Kris Medlen is out for the season and Brandon Beachy likely will be, too, but the Braves — who won the NL East last season with two key relievers sidelined — know they have no choice but to move ahead.
Braves pitcher Kris Medlen will undergo season-ending surgery on Tuesday, while teammate Brandon Beachy is getting another opinion on his ailing elbow.
While the Atlanta Braves learned that Kris Medlen is definitely done for the season, Alex Wood pitched five dominant innings against the Houston Astros.
Brandon Beachy became the second straight Atlanta starting pitcher to leave early because of an arm problem, exiting the Braves' 8-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Monday because of tightness around his right elbow.
Brandon Beachy pitched three no-hit innings in his second start since having shoulder surgery in September and B.J. Upton doubled among his two hits for the Atlanta braves, who tied the Philadelphia Phillies 2-2 Wednesday.
Dexter Fowler had two RBIs in his Houston debut and Chris Carter added a run-scoring double that helped the Astros beat the Atlanta Braves 7-5 Friday night.