- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Brandon Beachy Items
Some of the Atlanta Braves' most important pitching performances this week will come in the minor leagues.
Capsules of National League East teams, listed in order of finish last year:
Atlanta Braves pitcher Brandon Beachy will have ligament-replacement surgery in his right elbow for the second time Friday and is expected to miss the entire season.
Kris Medlen is out for the season and Brandon Beachy likely will be, too, but the Braves — who won the NL East last season with two key relievers sidelined — know they have no choice but to move ahead.
Braves pitcher Kris Medlen will undergo season-ending surgery on Tuesday, while teammate Brandon Beachy is getting another opinion on his ailing elbow.
While the Atlanta Braves learned that Kris Medlen is definitely done for the season, Alex Wood pitched five dominant innings against the Houston Astros.
Brandon Beachy became the second straight Atlanta starting pitcher to leave early because of an arm problem, exiting the Braves' 8-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Monday because of tightness around his right elbow.
Brandon Beachy pitched three no-hit innings in his second start since having shoulder surgery in September and B.J. Upton doubled among his two hits for the Atlanta braves, who tied the Philadelphia Phillies 2-2 Wednesday.
Dexter Fowler had two RBIs in his Houston debut and Chris Carter added a run-scoring double that helped the Astros beat the Atlanta Braves 7-5 Friday night.