- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
Latest Brazil Items
"I just happened to be on the left side of the theater," Bryson Billapando recalled Wednesday, taking a quick break a few minutes after preparing the Americans' post-practice lunch. "Then all craziness broke loose."
Soccer doesn't get much attention in America. There's no room for it. It's a very big deal for the rest of the world.
Brazil had a disastrous start when defender Marcelo found his own net while trying to clear a low cross by Ivica Olic in the 11th minute, but Neymar then showed why the nation's high hopes are all pinned on him.
The World Cup begins today in stadiums throughout Brazil. How have the country's churches prepared for this international event?
Neymar made up for an early Brazilian own goal by scoring in the 29th minute to leave Brazil and Croatia level 1-1 at halftime of the opening game of the World Cup.
Two CNN correspondents were reportedly injured during a live broadcast Thursday morning while covering the chaos in Sao Paulo, Brazil, ahead of Thursday's opening match of the World Cup.
Not everyone — including religious leaders — are happy with this year's World Cup. But some people are finding new ways to celebrate the tournament.
The Spaniards, who have also claimed the past two European Championships, can't be counted out. Germany and Argentina boast supremely talented squads as well. But this is Brazil's tournament to lose. Here's a closer look at the Samba Boys, and the 31 nations standing between them and title No. 6.
"If it's a duller game, like a goalless draw ... I always picture people sitting at home on their sofa with a beer and think, 'I'd be bored if I was sitting at home watching this.' You'd better come up with something to make it a bit spicier."