- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Brazil'S Carnival Items
The Frevo, the frenetic musical tradition associated with Brazil's Carnival, has been designated by UNESCO as an intangible world heritage treasure.
The frenetic music and vibrant colors of the Frevo, a Brazilian carnival dance, have been immortalized by UNESCO as a world heritage treasure.
Revelers are packing streets and dancing to samba beats in this seaside city's Carnival celebration _ a bacchanal of music, booze and flesh that officially opens Friday when King Momo, the mythical figure ruling over the chaos, is handed the keys to the city.